Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Walking the Labyrinth





Recently I attended a yoga retreat at a gorgeous Monastery in Santa Barbara, CA. Everything about the retreat was sublime. The yoga was amazing, the people were awesome, the food was healthy and yummy and the place was on a hill overlooking the mountains of Santa Barbara.

There was a small labyrinth on the property and, being in a meditative mode, I had to walk. Interestingly, the first time I walked I found myself resisting staying in the center. As I stood there, there was the pull to get out. I did stay, although it wasn't easy.

As with anything, meditation and stillness (which we all know is good for our minds, bodies and spirits) is a practice. The next time I walked this sweet little labyrinth I was able to stay in the center just a little bit longer. There are labyrinths all over and what a metaphor for our spiritual journeys. We walk toward our center with purpose and intention. We stay there long enough to remember our essence, our beautiful spiritual nature. Then we walk back out, renewed, refreshed and reinvigorated.

Of course we don't need a labyrinth to reconnect with our center but it's a great tool. Here's a little video I made that might be of some inspiration to you. Peace.

XO,

Connie

No comments:

Why are There so Many Songs About Rainbows?

Link to Lectionary Page for Lent 1, Year B Let us pray:  Gracious and loving God, creator of all things colorful and mysterious, seen and un...