Monday, November 2, 2015

Soup and Vision Boards

A few weeks back Empowerment Expert and Coach Julie Reisler and I got together to make soup and vision boards. I was so inspired by both activities I decided we should dedicate a whole week to our favorite soups and creating ‪#‎visionboards‬. So here's the soup challenge: Gather your healthiest ingredients together and come up with your own ‪#‎soup‬ recipe and then share it on our Happy Healthy You Facebook page (photo and recipe). Make it up as you go along like Julie and I did in our video (https://youtu.be/NgAreccg2jI). We will have to come up with a prize for our collective favorite. Here's mine. I just made it yesterday:


(I used the ingredients from my Hometown Harvest weekly delivery - love them!)
1 head broccoli coarsly chopped
1/2 head cabbage coarsly chopped
1 head tuscan kale coarsly chopped
1 onion
1 carton low sodium organic vegetable broth
spices: salt, pepper, turmeric, red peppers, parsley
2 T olive oil
Directions: Saute onions in olive oil in large soup pot until soft. Add veggies and broth. Simmer 45 minutes or so. Gradually add ingredients to a blender and blend to desired creaminess. return to pot and serve piping hot with a dollop of sour cream (I use non-dairy).
Next up: Vision Boarding! 

No comments:

Why are There so Many Songs About Rainbows?

Link to Lectionary Page for Lent 1, Year B Let us pray:  Gracious and loving God, creator of all things colorful and mysterious, seen and un...